Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Brown Sugar and Wheat Muffins

Brown Sugar Muffins

I made these the other night because I wanted something sweet but still healthy. They tasted more like corn bread, or had more of that texture. I loved them and ended up making 2 batches so I could have them for breakfast the next day.

Instructions:

1 Cup wheat flour
1 Cup white flour (I'm sure you could do all wheat)
2 tsp Baking powder
1/2 Salt
Mix in bowl

In another bowl mix
2 eggs 
1/2 cup oil
1/2 Brown sugar
I used old brown sugar and was pretty lumpy and I couldn't mix out all the lumps. It worked great for me. But mix this really well.
Then add 1 Cup milk and stir.

Add the dry ingredients to your wet ingredient and slightly mix. Spray muffin tins and pour into tins.

 Yields 12 muffins bake at 425 for 12-14 minutes.

I have baked for awhile but always with white floor and I would wait till golden brown and take what I was baking out. So baking with wheat is hard for me because I have to wait till it looks almost burnt to me. Be patient let them cook, wait till they almost look burn and they will be perfect.  I hope you like them as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment