Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Wheat Grass

I have heard a lot of great things about wheat grass so I decided to give it a try.  All of our wheat can be sprouted. I decided to sprout our red wheat because it had more protein but have been told since that people sprout both red and white and there's not much of a difference. I couldn't believe how fast it worked and how thick it was. My husband would ask me everyday when I was going to mow my lawn.

Did you know that 2oz of wheat grass juice is nutritionally equivalent to consuming 2 lbs of greens.  It has a ton of Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is the basis of all plant life. It is high in Oxygen and can help you body function at it's very best. Wheat Grass help purify the liver and improves blood sugar. And so much MORE... It costs as much as $6 plus at health food stores. So why not grow your own???

It's easy... I took a Tupperware with a missing lids. Since most of my lids are missing it was pretty easy. But I cut some cardboard to fit the bottom and when out to my garden and took some dirt to cover it. The dirt was less than one inch thick. I spread a layer of seeds over that make sure not to put them to thick. Don't put dirt over the top take a newspaper and wet it and lay it over the top. for the next few days take a spray bottle and keep the newspaper wet. The whole process only took about 7-11 days.


I cut about 1/2 wheat grass and 1/2 a banana and some apple juice. I chopped the grass the best I could and placed it in a blender. I would love to get a juicer but for now this works.




Not a good picture but had to show you my cute helper. I would be lying if we said we loved it and made it all the time. :) I need to get a juicer or a strainer it was kind of stringy and it smelled like fresh cut grass.   I'm glad I tried it and will be doing it again.  Good luck!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good wheat grass juicer is the way to go. Try it with a little fresh lemon. Also, it is an acquired taste, it grows on you, after a while

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you just cut a bit up and stir it into soups or sauces; like adding herbs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. Artificial Grass Lawn Bury

    ReplyDelete